Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Glorious Monotony

Paper airplanes litter the floor
The opening and slamming of the front door
Magic markers cover the table
This cluttered home looks more like a stable

Daughter’s dolls muddle her room
Lego’s and Hot Wheels, I am doomed
To be surrounded by all this chaos
I long for the day when these toys I can toss.

But to my face a smile creeps
When down the hall I hear their feet
A growing ache fills my soul
I dread the day my children will go

These are the memories that will haunt my dreams
Of four tiny voices saying they love me
Four small children to care for and hug
These are the treasures my life is made of.

When I am weary the Lord reminds me
The days are challenging, but extremely sweet
There may come in life a period of time
When I miss these exhausting days of mine

My life may lack vacations exotic
And daily chores are more than catatonic
Soccer practices, doing laundry and dishes
Are hardly for what the glamorous wishes

But I am overwhelmed with wonderful blessings
My children are healthy, my abode a bit messy
But my husband comes home and loves me each night
Outside it may be raining; in my home the world is quite bright.


1 comment:

  1. Heartfelt and REAL! What do you mean it's a little rough?! I love it.

    Maybe you'll have to come over here for a little
    vacation exotic. ;-)

    Love ya, Auntie Lynette

    ReplyDelete