Monday, February 2, 2009

Singing in the Shadows

Darkness fills my mind
Weariness in my bones
Tears threatening my eyes
I feel so alone

Children clamoring for attention
Precious hubby needs me, too.
Who has time for housework?
Endless is the list of what I must do.

Time to dress for church
Put on a pretty smile
"Hi, how are you?"
"I'm fine"
But I'm not--I'm aching inside.

El Roi, do you see me?
Jehovah-Rapha, can you heal my wounded heart?
Jehovah-Shalom, can you fill my heart with your peace?
I'm just barely hanging on

Please, Lord, I'm begging you
Give me strength till this day ends
Help me be what my man and children need:
A good wife, mom, friend.

Quietness fills the rooms
Children sweetly dreaming
Peace envelopes my soul
And from my heart comes singing

Elohim, you are faithful to me
To you my heart will cling
You fill me with your strength
I sing in the shadow of your wings.

3 comments:

  1. O Kristen, That is beautiful... Just in case you don't know it, Dan and I are praying for you all the time. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Dan Says,
    Family means sharing,
    the easy and the hard, Always thinking and praying for you and Fam especially lately.

    Love U.D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know if ever I'm the person asking "How are you?" you are free to say horrible and not explain!

    ReplyDelete